Sweetness and Light

Just want to bring a smile to the reader's lips - and an occasional thought. Will try to stay away from controversial topics - rather create my own! And would definitely welcome comments. :-)

Monday, January 30, 2006

Inaugural Address?

Friends, friends of friends, and those on their morning constitutional on the cyber highway! Welcome to all of you. I think it was Shaw who said "wise is the man who has nothing to say and cannot be persuaded to say it." Some one else (I don't quite remember who - all readers will have to bear with this irritating aspect of mine - most of my words are not original, but I am bad at remembering the source) had the following to say about bores: " a bore is someone who has nothing to say and all the time to say it in". Well, if I were to believe some dear friends, I am more BORING than wise, and hence this blog! :-)

So what will I typically write on? On anything that I feel strongly about - life, love, positive thinking, Calvin & Hobbes, Random Acts of Kindness, brushing teeth regularly - just to name a few. Things missing from my notes would include coherence, logic and common sense - because I want my blog to be the reflection of my world. :-)

As a rule, I would avoid responding to comments unless there is a factual error somewhere. Firstly because who am I to judge your comment? And secondly because its fun to prove some one like Dr. Amartya Sen wrong - I am not an Argumentative Indian. :-)

Oh, by the way, the name of the blog is inspired by the motto of Uncle Fred's life (ever heard of him, of the Blandings fame? P.G. Wodehouse?). In fact thats his motto - to spread sweetness and light. So if any sentence of mine (original or quoted) brings a smile to your face, my day is made. :-)

7 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Nyayapati Gautam said...

Pankaj Bhai,

Uncle Fred is not strictly a Blandings Character. He has appeared in other chronicles too notably "Uncle Dynamite". Of course his friend, Uncle Gally (Galahad Threepwood) is a bonafide member of the Blandings saga.

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another bites the dust! Wishing you the a happy, healthy, prosperous, spam free years of blogging bliss ;-).
ND

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Panka,

From Mahatma to Atma, just keep blogging....at least my boss in office will not mind this on my monitor screen instead of the regular .jpegs :-)And who knows, one may just get inspired and...

Saurabh

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

et tu, Panky?!! so the second last soul has fallen for this “virtual temptation”!! hmmm…..it is a kind of eerie feeling to think of my lonely “virtual non-existence”!!! ;o)
-Anirban

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetu Busgsy ;-)
I liked the name of the blog..Keep going...I share your views on Gandhi and the dust balls too..reminds me of another thing...know of dust balls on mouse balls? They get lodged in rollers that move the mouse ball and clog the movement of the mouse. It irritated me
as i sat down to take some urgent print outs this morning..mouse didnt move! I would move the mouse all across the mouse pad and it wouldnt move an mm! Blame it on dust..
You know who :-)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

Whoa! Whoa!! Whoa!!!

Can not believe you are here on blogs, maan! Welcome to my kinda world :) Blog away, dear friend, blog away :)

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so welcome to bloggy club!!! do write lots...lots n lots..

there r people to read urs..

but why no reponse to comments??

Thara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home