Sweetness and Light

Just want to bring a smile to the reader's lips - and an occasional thought. Will try to stay away from controversial topics - rather create my own! And would definitely welcome comments. :-)

Saturday, September 02, 2006

That Dull Feeling

I think I have become dull. May be I have joined the corporate rat race without even realizing it. And I am doing all the running I can do to stay at the same place! What else can explain my lack of activity on my blog? I wouldn't go so far as to suggest that my creative juices have dried up (calling my writing "creative" would indeed be creative) :-) but there is a mental fatigue that prevents me from thinking beyond my work these days..... and I am not sure I like that.

Of course, I still remember the old adage - Even if you win the rat race, you are still a RAT.

I think what I will do is share some of my favorite quotes with those of you who could be bothered to read them. This will serve two purposes - one, lift up my spirits as I go through my collection (started mainly during my one year of dialysis and built ever since), and two, will give me something to write. And of course, if any of you add to my collection through comments, that much the better.... :)

So here are ten... in no particular order of wisdom or fun quotient or plain irreverence, just randomly picked up as I flip through the pages...

1. The discovery of a new dish does more for human happiness than the discovery of a new star.
2. A bore is a man who, when you ask him how he is, tells you.
3. Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinion at all.
4. Those who are serious in ridiculous matters will be ridiculous in serious matters.
5. He took his misfortune like a man - blamed it on his wife.
6. To be clever enough to get all that money, one must be stupid enough to want it.
7. You can never repay the people who help you in your trip through life, but you can pass on the payment.
8. True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable.
9. There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of one small candle.
10. I ain't much, baby. But I'm all I've got.

:-)

I am feeling better already.

8 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good quotes!

Please keep posting things. Be good to us (and yourself ...)

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

i'm feeling better too! glad to see you haven't given up on the quote-collecting :-D

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Onyx said...

let me add one of my favs too :

Life is an unbroken succession of false situations.

Keep blogging..:-)

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:o how come you left out richard bach and hobbes quotes?

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one will interest married guys and gals.....actually this quote is from our own Sharon Stone :

" Women can fake orgasms;men can fake whole relationships!!!"

I would certainly go by her experience in this regard.

Panka...keep it up!!!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Rahul said...

good one!
one more blog-link i found from anurag's (anuragjain.blog ..) for my daily dose :)

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...my day was a dull one ...but thanks to this post ...it gets better already ....if you can lay ur hands on H.Jackson Brown's - P.S- I love U....it has all the P.S notes his mother used to write in her letters to him...it's a nice one ...read it ....

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad things happen, but they don't have to make you sour :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home